Saturday, June 25, 2011

"The doors we open and close each day...

...decide the lives we live."
~Flora Whittemore


I actually socialized today and didn't mind it.  It's a shocker I know, but I finished the day feeling like I actually had friends...like I might be able to connect with people who have the same passion as my self.  It was a revelation.  Part of me is afraid that perhaps that epiphany came wrapped in my beer.  Or maybe the second beer.  Ok...maybe the third.  But the important thing is, it finally came and when I wake up tomorrow I hope it's still there.

Gina, Joe, David, and Jason, I would sound like a drunk if, after 01:30 I said "I love you guys.", but I do.  I love and admire the artists and human beings that you are.  I love your writing, and your bravery at taking the steps to pursue your dreams.  We are Ink Warriors!  :)  Pen and Sword crest on our chest!  Brothers and Sisters in the WPF cause.  I've never been so proud of being part of a group bound for a professional and artistic pursuit.

There are so many other SHU Writer Griffins this Residency, that I wish to say to all of you, "I'm glad we met." And I look forward to the Winter Residency (guess most of us are at the Marriott since no dorms then) and seeing the progress we've all made since then.  Carpe Diem, my friends.  Seize the damn writing Muse and wrestle it in to submission!  Don't give up, and it WILL tap out for you.  :)

If I can get my bum out of the rack at 07:00, I'll be there for breakfast!

~Cin

No comments:

Post a Comment